1.1.1.149: 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase

This is an abbreviated version, for detailed information about 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, go to the full flat file.

Reaction

17alpha,20alpha-dihydroxypregn-4-en-3-one
+
NAD(P)+
=
17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone
+
NAD(P)H
+
H+

Synonyms

20-alpha-HSD, 20-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 20alpha-HSD, 20alpha-HSDH, 20alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 20alpha-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase, 20alpha-OH-SDH, AKR1C1, AKR1C23, AKR1C3, aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C1, HSD1

ECTree

     1 Oxidoreductases
         1.1 Acting on the CH-OH group of donors
             1.1.1 With NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor
                1.1.1.149 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase

Storage Stability

Storage Stability on EC 1.1.1.149 - 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase

Please wait a moment until all data is loaded. This message will disappear when all data is loaded.
STORAGE STABILITY
ORGANISM
UNIPROT
LITERATURE
-15°C, 0.005 mg/ml, 0.01 M potassium phosphate buffer, pH 8.0, 50% propylene glycol, 0.2 M KCl, 2 months
-
-20°C, porcine testes, 0.1 M phosphate buffer, pH 7.00.1 M phosphate buffer, pH 7.0, several months
-
-20°C, purified enzyme, 10 mM Tris/HCl, pH 7.5, 0.5 mM EDTA, 1 mM 2-mercaptoethanol, 20%, v/v, glycerol, 2 weeks, little activity loss
-
-70°C, 2.8 mg/ml protein concentration, 20 mM potassium phosphate buffer, pH 7.0, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM beta-mercaptoethanol, 30%, v/v, glycerol
-
-80°C, particulate and cytosolic fraction after homogenization
-
4 or -20°C, 2 mg/ml purified protein, 0.1 M phosphate buffer, pH 6-9, several days or for months
-
4°C or -20°C, above 0.5 mg of purified protein per ml, 50 mM phosphate buffer, pH 6.8, 10 mM 2-mercaptoethanol, 50% glycerol, v/v, several days
-
4°C or -20°C, ammonium sulfate fraction of purification step 2, over night or several months
-
4°C, cytosol preparation prior to purification, several months
-
4°C, in presence of glycerol and DTT
-
4°C, Sephadex G-100 fraction, rapid decrease, 2 days, 50% activity loss, 80% activity remaining by addition of 20%, v/v, glycerol
-
glycerol
-
no activity after single freeze-thaw of enzyme at any stage
-